400 North Capitol Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
- Toll Free 1.888.564.6273
- Local 202.783.3870
Citizens For A Sound Economy Commitment to Reforming Florida's System of Civil Justice
All candidates for State House or State Senate, please read and sign the following pledge and return to Florida CSE via fax at (561) 266-7381 or mail at P.O. Box 1090, Delray Beach, FL 33447. Thank you for your support of Civil Justice Reform!
1) Whereas: Under Florida's current legal system teachers are afraid to maintain discipline in school for fear of lawsuits.
2) Whereas: Over 70 percent of Florida voters fear they or someone in their family will be sued or threatened with a lawsuit.
3) Whereas: Under Florida's current legal system a person can be sued and made to pay for damages they did not cause.
4) Whereas: Florida's current legal system accommodates a culture where people will not take responsibility for their own actions.
I Pledge To Support Legislation:
1. That returns fairness and responsibility to Florida's system of civil justice.
2. That abolishes joint and several liability completely.
3. That creates a civil justice system that is respected, not feared, by the average Florida voter.
I Pledge to Oppose:
1. Any legislation that attempts to dismantle, weaken or change in any negative way, the civil justice reform package passed in the 1999 Florida legislative session.
Candidate for House/Senate District #_____
Candidate's printed name:
If you have any questions, please contact Slade O'Brien at (561) 266-8876.