400 Capitol Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
- Toll Free 1.888.564.6273
- Local 202.783.3870
Washington, DC- On September 12, 2009, grassroots activists from coast to coast flooded the streets of Washington D.C., making history in protest of a wasteful and oversized government. This year, FreedomWorks and our fiscally conservative allies will assemble once again on September 12th to renew our commitment to a constitutionally limited government, and to remind Washington in one, strong, united voice that we will “Remember in November.”
The day’s events will begin at 10:00am with a non-denominational service at the Washington Monument, led by Reverend C.L. Bryant. The march will begin at 12 noon, heading down Pennsylvania Avenue and ending at the steps of the U.S. Capitol.
Using the “Contract FROM America” as a blueprint, an impressive lineup of speakers will take the stage in front of the Capitol building at 2:00pm to rally the crowd around the principles that bind the diverse and leaderless social phenomenon we call the Tea Party. An authentic grassroots document generated online by nearly half a million activists, the “Contract FROM America” expresses demands for responsible fiscal policies including fundamental tax reform, restrained spending and the repeal of Obamacare.
Unlike the August 28th Restoring Honor Rally, the September 12th Taxpayer March will be a political protest. Activists are encouraged to bring signs, get fired up, and strategize the ways in which enthusiasm can be turned into real electoral results this November. “Let me be clear about one thing,” commented Matt Kibbe, President and CEO of FreedomWorks, “We are not seeking a junior partnership with the Republican Party, but rather a hostile takeover of it. Last year we demanded leaders who will defend our freedoms and advocate sustainable economic policy. This year, we assemble to remind them that if they can’t follow through, we will vote in somebody else who will.”
In the months leading up to the November elections, a decentralized network of tea party activists has embraced the monumental task of Taking America Back, with notable success. Out-of-touch establishment Republicans have been ousted in primary elections by principled fiscal conservatives in the battleground states of Pennsylvania, Nevada, Florida, Ohio, New York, Kentucky and California.
Beyond the messages of limited government and fiscal restraint, the 9/12 Taxpayer March will also serve as a venue for activists to network and expand their local tea party network within a larger community of like-minded individuals.
“By standing together as a group representing millions of people, we will send a message to Washington that we will no longer sit back and let the politicians take our country away from us,” added Yvonne Donnelly, National Chair of the 9/12 Project. “The 912 Project is dedicated to reuniting Americans, and educating our communities on the Constitution and our Founding Fathers. We are proud to work with FreedomWorks in utilizing the resources we have to take this country back.”
Featured speakers include:
• Dick Armey, Former House Majority Leader, current Chairman of FreedomWorks and co-author of Give Us Liberty: A Tea Party Manifesto
• Matt Kibbe, President of FreedomWorks and co-author of Give Us Liberty: A Tea Party Manifesto
• Reverend C.L. Bryant, friend of FreedomWorks and star of documentary The Runaway Slave
• Brendan Steinhauser, FreedomWorks Federal and State Campaigns Director
• Erick Erickson, RedState.com
• Andrew Breitbart, Big Government
• Yvonne Donnelly, The 9/12 Project
• Rep. Mike Pence (IN-6)
• Rose Tennent, co-host of “The War Room” with Quinn and Rose
• Ana Puig, Kitchen Table Patriots
• Ryan Hecker, Contract FROM America
• Tito Munoz, Conservative Hispanic Coalition
• Ken Cuccinelli, Virginia Attorney General
• Gary Johnson, Former Governor of New Mexico
• Stephen Kruiser, PJTV
• Bob MacGuffie, Right Principles
• Ginni Thomas, Liberty Central
• Robin Stublen, grassroots activist from Punta Gorda, FL
• Diana Reimer, Philadelphia Tea Party Patriots
• Ben Tessler, DC Tea Party
• Alveda King, conservative political activist and niece of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
• Musical performances by Emily Weaver, Phillip Rogers, The Gatlin Brothers, and Jon David Kahn
Since 1984, FreedomWorks has been dedicated to the belief that grassroots power, armed with the principles and good ideas of freedom, is the only effective check against a burgeoning government. FreedomWorks seeks to maximize -not control- the efforts of citizens committed to the ideas of lower taxes, less government, and more freedom. Our aim is to act as a service center, a true resource to those who share our desire to Take America Back and to restore our Founding Fathers’ original vision of economic freedom and liberty.
For more information on the September 12, 2010 Taxpayer March on Washington, please visit www.FreedomWorks.org, or contact Jackie Bodnar at (202) 942-7652 and firstname.lastname@example.org.