111 K Street NE
Washington, DC 20002
- Toll Free 1.888.564.6273
- Local 202.783.3870
On behalf of over a million FreedomWorks members nationwide, I urge you to support several amendments to S.493 the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Reauthorization Bill and others that reduce the size of government.
With our nation over $14 trillion in debt, I urge you to support any effort to rein in excess spending. The following amendments will set us in the right direction towards prosperity and job creation.
• Amendment #119, by Rand Paul, that would cut $200 billion in FY2011 by reducing discretionary spending and take most programs to FY2008 levels.
• Amendment #161, by Mike Johanns, to repeal the 1099 reporting requirements.
• Amendment #165, by Jim DeMint, to rescind the advance appropriations to the Corporation of Public Broadcast.
• Amendment #174, by Marco Rubio, to rescind the remaining unobligated stimulus funds.
• Amendment #178, by David Vitter, to sell unused Federal property
• Amendment #183, by Mitch McConnell, to prohibit EPA regulation of greenhouse gas emissions.
We urge you to vote YES on any or all of these amendments, if offered. We may count your vote on one or more of these amendments to S.493, the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Reauthorization Bill, as a KEY VOTE when calculating the FreedomWorks Economic Freedom Scorecard for 2011. The Economic Freedom Scorecard is used to determine eligibility for the Jefferson Award, which recognizes members of Congress with voting records that support economic freedom.
President and CEO
[Click here for a PDF version of this letter.]