Here's what's up this week: President Obama pulled the Ozone Rule. This is a good thing right? The short answer is yes, but how long will it last? We're not out of the woods yet - the EPA still has 40 major rules it is pushing forward with.
What is the biggest concern right now?
- The Air Transport Rule, CSAPR (Casper)
- Already finalized in July, and compliance starts in January.
- 28 states are affected. Higher energy costs, job losses in a slow economy.
Can Congress stop the EPA? What can we do, since the EPA seems to act without accountability?
- Three efforts are underway:
- TRAIN Act calling for comprehensive review of EPA rules before anything goes forward.
- Congressional Review Act to challenge the Transport rule.
- Appropriations rider to stop implementation.