- About Us
- Take Action
- Make a Donation
Talking Points: Repeal Obamacare
Why you should support Obamacare repeal
Why You Should Support Obamacare Repeal
We need to fully repeal Obamacare because it will kill jobs, bankrupt the government, drive up everyone's health insurance costs, put bureaucrats in charge of our health care, and ruin the world's best health care system.
Tell Your Congressmen
- We cannot afford Obamacare. The new law will cost $2.6 trillion over its first 10 years of full implementation, according to the Senate Budget Committee Republican staff. At a time when federal debt and deficits are at all-time highs, we simply cannot afford this massive new government spending program.
- Obamacare will kill jobs and bankrupt the government. Our national debt is nearing $14 trillion, which is about the same amount as America's entire annual economy.
- Obamacare will drive up everyone's health insurance costs. The law's mandates are already driving up premiums.
- Obamacare will put bureaucrats in charge of our health care. The law creates 159 new agencies, boards, and commissions; and it delegates massive amounts of power to the federal Secretary of Health and Human Services.
- Obamacare will ruin the world's best health care system. Despite its problems, America still has the best health care system in the world. We can fix those problems with sensible reforms like tax credit vouchers for the uninsured, and reforms to the individual market (such as high-risk pools) to make sure people with preexisting medical conditions can obtain affordable health care.
- It doesn’t let us “keep what we have.” Former CBO Director Douglas Holtz-Eakin predicts the new law will cause 35 million people to lose their current, job-based coverage when their employers realize they can save money by dropping their health benefits plan and send their workers into the local government-run exchange, with its premium subsidies.
- Its individual mandate infringes our liberty. The bill requires citizens to buy government-controlled health insurance or pay an IRS fine. This new mandate will require an estimated 16,500 additional IRS agents to enforce. Federal judges in Virginia and Florida have found this mandate to be unconstitutional. It is an intolerable infringement of our liberties, and a sop to the insurance companies, and is overwhelmingly opposed by the American people (60% oppose; only 27% support it).
- Polls have consistently shown that a solid majority of Americans (60%) want Washington to reverse the government takeover of health care and adopt a patient-centered approach.
- If the law is so great, why has the Obama Administration issued more than 1,000 "waivers" from the law's mandates to politically connected corporations and labor union?