This page will be continually updated with scandals committed by unelected bureaucrats inside the giant three-letter agencies who are targeting the American people. See a scandal we missed? Tweet us your idea @FreedomWorks.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Department of Homeland Security:
- Department of Justice:
- Department of Transportation:
- Department of Defense:
- General Services Administration:
- Department of Commerce:
- Department of Health and Human Services:
- Social Security Administration:
- Department of Veterans Affairs:
- Department of Agriculture:
- Department of Energy:
- Department of Interior:
- Department of Labor:
American families are facing the consequences of Congress’s spending addiction. It is time Congress prioritizes the American taxpayer and ensures that their hard-earned tax dollars are spent wisely in ways that will bolster economic growth and reduce the size of the government.
Department of Homeland Security
- The Department of Homeland Security has failed to secure the Southern Border
- Hundreds of people on terrorist watchlists have eluded border patrol
- Americans are dying from fentanyl and at the hands of criminal illegal aliens
- Money is going towards any illegal alien who crosses the border, rather than towards border security
Department of Justice
- AG Merrick Garland’s DOJ designated parents who attended school board meetings as potential domestic terrorists
- The DOJ failed to enforce the law and protect SCOTUS justices during protests
- DOJ employees have worked hard to undermine presidential authority as rogue actors, acting in an explicitly partisan manner
Department of Transportation
Department of Defense
General Services Administration
- Few federal employees have returned to work— these office buildings sit empty
- Why should federal employees be allowed to access confidential information from their homes? Is this not a security risk?
Department of Treasury
- IRS hired 87,000 new employees to go after your tax dollars
- None going towards customer service, all are for enforcement
- IRS now going after $600 transactions when they said they were only focused on holding billionaires responsible.
- Treasury is currently playing politics by withholding documents that pertain to Biden’s past business dealings
Department of Commerce
- DOC is playing a shell game with Census Bureau data, resulting in confusing information that prevents the government from doing its job.
- This is known as “differential privacy” which “made smaller counties appear to have more people than they actually did at the expense of more populous counties.”
- Census Bureau failed to get citizenship question on the 2020 census due to political reasons
Department of Health and Human Services
- HHS misused million in emergency preparedness dollars– to be used for things like Ebola, Zika, and Covid– for totally unrelated expenses
- Rampant healthcare fraud— HHS allowing emergency rooms to overcharge for patients who should not even be there, to the tune of $1.8 billion
- Sec. Beccera pushing a woke political agenda when he should be focused on doing his job
Social Security Administration
- Social Security fraud is on the rise in recent years, yet investigation of such cases has not kept pace.
- While the IRS gets 87,000 new agents, the SSA is unwilling to investigate and prosecute fraud related to the very bedrock of our safety net.
- A SSA judge recently plead guilty in a $550 million dollar Social Security fraud scheme, part of at least $3 billion in waste and fraud per year related to social security statements.
Department of Veteran Affairs
- Rampant malpractice and lack of adequate care at VA facilities have resulted in the deaths of more than 1000 veterans
- There is a major culture problem at the VA and no one seems inclined to fix it
- The VA is one of the worst examples of what government run healthcare looks like
- Close to $10 billion spent illegally for many years, resulting in a budgetary shortfall
Department of Agriculture
Department of Energy
- The Department of Energy is responsible for the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR).
- Thanks to the DOE and Biden’s decision to drain the reserve to lower gas prices last year (which Biden’s policies are no doubt responsible for), the SPR is now at its lowest level since 1984.
- DOE has prioritized high profile diversity hires like (former) employee Sam Brinton, who while collecting a taxpayer funded paycheck, allegedly stole luggage from two airports amounting to $2000. Brinton currently faces two grand larceny charges
Department of Interior
- The Department of the Interior has continued the Obama era process of locking up America’s public lands, but they now are refusing to answer questions.
- DOI canceled the Keystone Pipeline, which has no doubt contributed to higher energy prices for Americans. The 1,200 mile pipeline was expected to carry 830,000 barrels per day of Alberta oil sands crude to Nebraska
- DOI has also slow rolled new oil and gas leases, which, again drives up the price of gas for Americans.
Department of Labor
- The Department of Labor has made it even harder, and in some cases nearly impossible to hire independent contractors, restricting the earning potential of 50 million Americans who choose independent work.
- Such rules are aimed to benefit labor unions over workers, and are reminiscent of intentionally ambiguous Obama era policies.