What You Need to Know:
As our national debt eclipses $31.5 trillion and prices of everyday goods remain high, American families are facing the consequences of Congress’s spending addiction. With Congress facing yet another debt ceiling increase, it is more important than ever that we end reckless discretionary spending. It is time Congress prioritizes the American taxpayer and ensures that their hard-earned tax dollars are spent wisely in ways that will bolster economic growth and reduce the size of the government.
What You Can Do:
Personalize your message:
- For the first time in American history, our national debt has eclipsed $31.5 trillion, a record 129% of the size of our economy.
- It’s been nearly 25 years since Congress passed a balanced budget, and both parties are at fault.
- Washington’s spending addiction seriously affects American families, including inflation, rising interest rates, and slower economic growth.
- Both parties should heed the 2010 warning of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Michael Mullen, that “the most significant threat to our national security is our debt.”
- With Congress facing yet another debt ceiling increase, it is more important than ever that we end reckless discretionary spending and get our fiscal house in order.