Contact FreedomWorks

111 K Street NE
Suite 600
Washington, DC 20002

  • Toll Free 1.888.564.6273
  • Local 202.783.3870
WATCH NOWBiden's Broken Promises, McDonald's Broken Ice Cream Machines, & DeSantis Breaks The Fake News MediaWatch Here

Press Release

Heritage: Most New Spending Since 2001 Unrelated to the War on Terrorism


Executive Summary

Following the attacks of September 11, 2001, Americans called on Washington to spend the resources necessary to fight terrorists abroad, protect the homeland, and rebuild New York City. Total federal spending has grown 16 percent since 2001. However, only 45 percent of all new federal spending since 2001 has been related to defense and the 9/11 attacks. The remaining 55 percent was spent on programs unrelated to the war on terrorism.

In fact, in 2003, federal spending topped $20,000 per household (inflation-adjusted) for the first time since World War II.

View the full report from the Heritage Foundation