It’s no secret that the “blue wave” of November 2018 brought a whole host of freshmen Democrats into Congress, who have proven themselves unworthy of the trust of the American people. This phenomenon is most glaringly seen in districts that went for President Trump in 2016, but elected Democrats in the midterms.
Undoubtedly, efforts to win back these seats that have gone by the wayside are widespread, but why exactly is it so critical to flip these districts once again? Well, let’s take a look at a few lowlights of the most notable of the “Dirty 30,” whose current representatives are a stain on American governance.
NM-02: Rep. Xochitl Torres-Small
- Holds a lifetime 8 percent on FreedomWorks Congressional Scorecard over the span of her first term in Congress thus far, with no signs of improvement
- Voted to expand Obamacare and eliminate healthcare freedom options for millions of Americans who rely on association health plans, health reimbursement accounts, short-term limited-duration health plans, and other alternatives to government health insurance that are cheaper in cost and higher in quality than Obamacare plans
- Original cosponsor of the United States Postal Service (USPS) Fairness Act, which sets taxpayers up for a $70 billion bailout of the USPS Retiree Health Benefits Fund that has been severely mismanaged by USPS government bureaucrats for decades
- Votes 94 percent of the time with Nancy Pelosi
VA-07: Rep. Abigail Spanberger
- Voted for socialist price controls as part of Pelosi’s drug pricing plan, which would result in serious drug shortages, longer wait times, and less innovation in healthcare.
- Advocates for a radical climate change agenda and U.S. involvement in harmful and unproductive international agreements, in the name of national security threats
- Cosponsor of the 100% Clean Economy Act, which — to the above point — is a radical bill that sets a national goal of achieving economy-wide, net-zero greenhouse gas emission by no later than 2050, an impossible goal that would devastate our economy
- Votes 92 percent of the time with Nancy Pelosi
ME-02: Rep. Jared Golden
- Cosponsor of Medicare for All, which would dramatically worsen the quality of healthcare by putting government bureaucrats in Washington in charge of the health of all Americans
- Proudly supports ending Citizens United, in order to weaponize public donor disclosure for political purposes, threatening the privacy of millions of Americans
- Voted for D.C. statehood as part of Pelosi’s partisan exercise to admit Washington, D.C. into the Union, blatantly violating the Constitution which would need to be amended for this to happen
- Votes 83 percent of the time with Nancy Pelosi
OK-05: Rep. Kendra Horn
- Scored in the bottom tenth percentile of our scorecard in her first year in Congress, with a dismal 5 percent for 2019
- Introduced and cosponsored multiple pieces of legislation to increase federal involvement in education, an area that rightfully belong to states and localities
- Voted to spend $1.5 trillion taxpayer dollars as part of Pelosi’s hyperpartisan “My Way or the Highway” infrastructure package, which would implement a socialist agenda in the name of transportation
- Votes 86 percent of the time with Nancy Pelosi
SC-01: Rep. Joe Cunningham
- Opposes overturning Obamacare and claims such a move would “rip healthcare coverage…from millions of Americans,” when in actuality, Obamacare and its big government policies caused millions of Americans to lose their preferred insurance plans
- Introduced an amendment to an appropriations bill in 2019 that would prohibit a new round of Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC), which has been a vital tool in ensuring the modernization and effectiveness of our nation’s military to provide for our defense
- Voted for both sham articles to impeach President Trump, failing to recognize the unprecedentedly unfair proceedings brought against him and instead siding with the partisan Democrats for whom impeaching President Trump was a purely political goal
- Votes 87 percent of the time with Nancy Pelosi
Evidently, the American people in these districts and others across the nation deserve far better than partisan Democrats who will vote time and time again to increase the government’s control over their lives. This November, let’s vote these members out in favor of liberty candidates who will support economic freedom and individual liberty for the betterment of our whole nation.