House GOP Border Security Package
In the 2022 election cycle, the unprecedented Biden Border Crisis was a top issue of many Republicans’ campaign priorities. Almost all of them campaigned on securing the southern border and reducing illegal immigration. It’s time for our representatives to hold the Biden administration accountable for this chaos and reverse the damage this administration has caused.
This week, House Committee on Homeland Security Chairman Mark Green (TN-07) introduced the Border Reinforcement Act of 2023, which represents the Committee’s border security package. This is the first step forward to ensure the U.S. Customs and Border Protection and local law enforcement have the resources necessary to enforce our laws and keep Americans safe.
The 68-page bill states that it will secure the international borders of the United States.
A few of the topline details included are:
- Resume construction of border wall
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection technology upgrades and additional personnel
- Border and port security technology program management
- Complete removal of narcotic drugs
- Background checks
- Collection of DNA and biometric information at the border
- Mexican cartels will be listed as foreign terrorist organizations
The full text of the bill can be found here.
Stay tuned for more details as we track the Committee’s activity on this important legislation.