WASHINGTON, D.C. — FreedomWorks’ 2018 day of action, the “Rally for the Republic” was a massive success yesterday. More than 2,000 grassroots activists attended from more than 11 different states, some driving over 13 hours.
The event featured 16 conservative, small-government speakers who energized the crowd and made clear that FreedomWorks activists want Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) for Speaker and a swift confirmation of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. Speakers included:
- Andrew Wilkow, host of Wilkow Majority
- Adam Brandon, FreedomWorks President
- Rev. C.l. Bryant, FreedomWorks Senior Fellow
- Leah Vukmir, Wisconsin Senate Candidate
- Cleta Mitchell, Partner at Foley & Lardner LLP
- Cliff Maloney, Young Americans For Liberty President
- Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio)
- Rep. Scott Perry (R-Pa.)
- Jenny Beth Martin, Co-founder of Tea Party Patriots
- Steve Moore, FreedomWorks Senior Economic contributor
- Lt. Governor Mary Taylor (R-Ohio)
- Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.)
- Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.)
- Rep. Matt Gaetz (R- Fla.)
- Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.)
- Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas)
Wisconsin Senate candidate Leah Vukmir, Ohio Lt. Governor Mary Taylor (R- Ohio), and distinguished attorney Cleta Mitchell gave endorsements in favor of Judge Kavanaugh’s confirmation.
After the event, activists lobbied more than 50 different members of congress.
Live stream coverage of the event can be found here.