On Saturday, May 16, FreedomWorks hosted two Empower Panel Discussion Events in Northeastern North Carolina. The first event was held at 11:00 a.m. at the Eastern NC and VA Assembly Church of Christ in Roper, NC. Panelists included:
- Clarence Henderson, Esteemed Civil Right Activist (Woolworth Sit-In, Greensboro), Unites States Army Veteran, Retired Entrepreneur
- Valerie Johnson, Chair of the Durham County GOP Black Republican Committee, Works in the Office of the Governor in Board and Commissions
- Minister Anthony Posey: Ever Changing Lives Ministry in Greensboro, N.C., Former Campaign Assistant to Retired United States Congressman Howard Coble, Small Business Owner (A&J Painting and Handyman Service)
- Markeese Young: Political Activist, College Student, Just Opened His Own Political Consulting Business
- A welcome was given by Reverend C.L. Bryant via Skype.
- The event was moderated by Reverend Greg Boston and LaToya Howell-Coffield.
Topics covered included energy, education, and employement. The enthusiastic audience had a number of questions for panelists and there was much debate! A delicious lunch was catered by White Swan Barbeque.
The second event of the day was held at 6:00 p.m. at the Ahoskie Christian Center in Ahoskie, NC. We had an additional panelist at this event – Felice Pete, Local Political Activist and Nurse Anesthetist and the event was moderated by Pastor Daniel Smith. Topics covered included energy, education, and employment. The enthusiastic audience had a number of questions for panelists and there was much debate!