400 North Capitol Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
- Toll Free 1.888.564.6273
- Local 202.783.3870
Citizens For A Sound Economy Commitment to Reforming America's System of Civil Justice - Federal Pledge
If you are candidate for U.S. House or U.S. Senate and are committed to Civil Justice Reform, please read and sign the following pledge and return to Florida CSE via fax at (561) 266-7381 or mail at P.O. Box 1090, Delray Beach, Florida 33447
1) Whereas: Under America's current legal system teachers are afraid to maintain discipline in school for fear of lawsuits.
2) Whereas: Under America's current legal system, trial lawyers can file class actions and reap millions, while the consumers they purportedly represent receive pennies or useless coupons.
3) Whereas: Under America's current legal system a person can be sued and made to pay for damages they did not cause.
4) Whereas: America's current legal system accommodates a culture where people will not take responsibility for their own actions.
I Pledge To Support Legislation:
1. That returns fairness and responsibility to America's system of civil justice.
2. That abolishes joint and several liability.
3. That allows removal of state-based class actions to federal court.
4. That creates a civil justice system that is respected, not feared, by the average American voter.
U.S. House/U.S. Senate District #:
Candidate's printed name:
Thank you for your SUPPORT OF and COMMITMENT TO civil justice reform!