Thanks for your interest in working for FreedomWorks. We are currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
Our development department team is looking to hire an entry level Salesforce Manager to work in the Washington, D.C. office. The Salesforce Manager will support internal users on the Salesforce platform and other integrated systems. Being able to troubleshoot and problem-solve analytically, as well as streamline and enhance existing processes is vital. A successful Salesforce Manager will have an understanding of the Salesforce database structure & best practices, a creative mindset, and the ability to adapt quickly to evolving business needs.
- Administration of Salesforce platforms including Sales Cloud, Non-Profit Success Pack and other integrated systems;
- Entering data from raw docs, spreadsheets, and other databases to main database;
- Fulfilling administrative tasks including creating users and managing permissions;
- Enforcing data hygiene through cleaning, standardizing, and deduping donor records;
- Helping with daily office administrative tasks, gift entry, donor acknowledgements, etc;
- Provide real-time support for issues relating to Salesforce and other integrated systems
- Assist with break/fix requests
- Maintain and customize objects, record types, page layouts, fields, workflow & approval processes, profiles, roles, security settings, sharing, validation rules, and alerts
- Leverage declarative tools to enhance system configurations while adhering to best practices
- Assist in system testing to insure enhancements work properly
- Handle ad hoc report & dashboard requests
- Provision new users & assist with new user training
- Contribute to adoption by improving the user experience through standardization, documentation, training and ongoing usability improvement initiatives
- Use tools such as DataLoader & Excel for data scrubbing, manipulation and inserting new records
- 1+ years of Salesforce experience, minimum 9+ months as an administrator, Salesforce Administrator Certification preferred
- Bachelor's degree or Equivalent work experience
- Strong Microsoft Office and Excel skills
- Positive attitude and growth mindset
- Takes initiative and delivers results with minimal supervision
- Strong business acumen, technical aptitude, analytical skills, & attention to detail
- Ability to manage small to medium size projects
- Ability to clearly & concisely communicate with users in different roles and with varying skill sets.
- Proficiency in both Salesforce Classic and Salesforce Lightning preferred
The ideal candidate will demonstrate acute intelligence, a keen eye for detail, a high degree of personal initiative and conscientiousness, and ability to learn quickly. This description may not contain all essential functions of the position. You must be willing to take personal ownership of projects, accomplish tasks, and make consistent progress on projects with minimal supervision.
Interested candidates should send their resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Database Manager.”
FreedomWorks is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Digital Adverting Coordinator
FreedomWorks, a free-market grassroots organization that fights for lower taxes, less government and more economic freedom, is looking to expand marketing program with a Digital Advertising Coordinator.
This individual must be on the pulse of all developments in the digital landscape, continually upgrading and understanding how it can be leveraged to benefit FreedomWorks and its online brand.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and analyze digital advertising placement.
- Grow opt-in email list.
- Manage social media through digital innovation.
- Strategize and produce digital content.
- Develop new acquisition strategies.
- Work in tandem with the Vice President of Marketing to assist with email marketing campaigns.
- Track and manage online fundraising and donation page creation, maintenance, and reporting.
- Provide ongoing education and insight in the latest trends of the digital landscape.
- Contribute in creative brainstorms and workgroups.
- Strategize and execute plans with the Vice President of Marketing.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study.
- Proven commitment to free-market principles.
- 1-2 years of direct experience in digital advertising placement.
- Experience with Google AdWords, Facebook Power Editor, or DoubleClick Bid Manager.
- Google AdWords certified is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to produce fast, creative designs using Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator is a plus.
- Analytical skills and Google Analytics experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Attention to detail and ability to operate in a collaborative, cross functional environment.
This mid-level position reports to the Vice President of Marketing and offers an exceptional career opportunity for a highly motivated individual. FreedomWorks offers an excellent salary and benefits package in addition to a great office location convenient to Union Station. Please visit www.freedomworks.org for more information about the organization.
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
FreedomWorks is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Major Gifts Officer
FreedomWorks seeks a full-time major gifts officer as it grows the fundraising department to increase its impact in the liberty movement. The position is suited for someone based in the DC area but eager for extensive travel through the United States. This position offers the potential for growth and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly productive team as it raises money towards advancing the organization’s mission. Above all else, this position requires a firm commitment to individual freedom. The major gifts officer will work with the Vice President of Development to build programs that identify, grow and nurture major gifts from individual donors. The primary responsibility of this position is first steward relationships with current donors and second to identify prospects and develop them through meetings and calls. Background in libertarian/conservative causes is a plus.
- Manage a caseload of donors and prospects from $5000-$20,000 with a focus on soliciting gifts through face to face meetings.
- Manage relationships with prospective and existing donors in all aspects of the gift cycle to include identifying, qualifying and initiating contact; developing appropriate cultivation strategies for the donors; moving potential donors toward solicitation and closure; making solicitations when appropriate; and maintaining stewardship contacts with donors.
- Collaborate with Vice President of Development to establish major donor fundraising goals and to execute strategies to reach revenue goals.
- Identify qualified prospects and oversee outreach strategies to include performing advanced research on prospects to determine whether they are qualified and how best to connect with them.
- Coordinate identification and solicitation of potential planned giving prospects.
- Maintain donor records and update database with all relevant donor information.
- Maintain tracking documents to show progress and donor moves.
- Assist and attend donor and organizational events as needed.
- Produce fundraising materials to include but not limited to letters, emails, newsletters, proposals, presentations and reports.
- Coordinate messages and themes with communications team to inspire donors.
- Five or more years’ experience in fundraising, policy, nonprofits, campaigns or sales
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive communications
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects efficiently and meet deadlines
- Ability to conduct research and identify new funding opportunities; knowledge of fundraising information sources, basic fundraising strategies, and prospect research techniques
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors in order to develop relationships between them
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Previous experience with political non-profits or campaigns
- Must be willing and enjoy extensive travel
- A deep interest in and understanding of politics and the freedom movement cause
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
- Bachelor’s degree
FW offers a competitive salary, full health, dental, and life insurance benefits and a pension plan.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls. Selected candidates will be asked to submit writing samples and references.