Thanks for your interest in working for FreedomWorks. We are currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
Digital Marketing Coordinator
FreedomWorks, a free-market grassroots organization that fights for lower taxes, less government and more economic freedom, is looking to expand its membership marketing programs with a Digital Marketing Coordinator.
This individual must be on the pulse of all developments in the digital landscape, continually upgrading and understanding how it can be leveraged to benefit FreedomWorks and its brand.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Manage social media through digital innovation.
- Strategize and produce digital content.
- Lead the efforts of acquisition campaigns.
- Assist with email marketing.
- Assist with online fundraising and donation page creation, maintenance and reporting.
- Provide ongoing education and insight in the latest trends of the digital landscape.
- Lead or contribute in creative brainstorms and work groups.
- Assist the Digital Director on scope and workload planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study.
- Proven commitment to free-market principles.
- 2-4 years of direct experience providing support to a Digital Director, Marketing Director, or Vice President of Marketing/Advertising.
- Experience with Google AdWords, Facebook Power Editor, or DoubleClick Bid Manager.
- Google AdWords certified is a plus.
- • Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to produce fast, creative designs using Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator is a plus.
- Analytical skills and Google Analytics experience preferred.
- Wordpress and Drupal experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS necessary.
- Attention to detail and ability to operate in a collaborative, cross functional environment.
This mid-level position reports to the Digital Director and offers an exceptional career opportunity for a highly motivated individual. FreedomWorks offers an excellent salary and benefits package in addition to a great office location convenient to Union Station. Please visit www.freedomworks.org for more information about the organization.
Please e-mail a cover letter, resume, and two writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
FreedomWorks is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Major Gifts Officer
FreedomWorks seeks a full-time major gifts officer as it grows the fundraising department to increase its impact in the liberty movement. The position is suited for someone based in the DC area but eager for extensive travel through the United States. This position offers the potential for growth and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly productive team as it raises money towards advancing the organization’s mission. Above all else, this position requires a firm commitment to individual freedom. The major gifts officer will work with the Vice President of Development to build programs that identify, grow and nurture major gifts from individual donors. The primary responsibility of this position is first steward relationships with current donors and second to identify prospects and develop them through meetings and calls. Background in libertarian/conservative causes is a plus.
- Manage a caseload of donors and prospects from $5000-$20,000 with a focus on soliciting gifts through face to face meetings.
- Manage relationships with prospective and existing donors in all aspects of the gift cycle to include identifying, qualifying and initiating contact; developing appropriate cultivation strategies for the donors; moving potential donors toward solicitation and closure; making solicitations when appropriate; and maintaining stewardship contacts with donors.
- Collaborate with Vice President of Development to establish major donor fundraising goals and to execute strategies to reach revenue goals.
- Identify qualified prospects and oversee outreach strategies to include performing advanced research on prospects to determine whether they are qualified and how best to connect with them.
- Coordinate identification and solicitation of potential planned giving prospects.
- Maintain donor records and update database with all relevant donor information.
- Maintain tracking documents to show progress and donor moves.
- Assist and attend donor and organizational events as needed.
- Produce fundraising materials to include but not limited to letters, emails, newsletters, proposals, presentations and reports.
- Coordinate messages and themes with communications team to inspire donors.
- Five or more years’ experience in fundraising, policy, nonprofits, campaigns or sales
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive communications
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects efficiently and meet deadlines
- Ability to conduct research and identify new funding opportunities; knowledge of fundraising information sources, basic fundraising strategies, and prospect research techniques
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors in order to develop relationships between them
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Previous experience with political non-profits or campaigns
- Must be willing and enjoy extensive travel
- A deep interest in and understanding of politics and the freedom movement cause
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
- Bachelor’s degree
FW offers a competitive salary, full health, dental, and life insurance benefits and a pension plan.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls. Selected candidates will be asked to submit writing samples and references.