It’s no secret that the “blue wave” of November 2018 brought a whole host of freshmen Democrats into Congress, who have proven themselves unworthy of the trust of the American people. This phenomenon is most glaringly seen in districts that went for President Trump in 2016, but elected Democrats in the midterms.
Undoubtedly, efforts to win back these seats that have gone by the wayside are widespread, but why exactly is it so critical to flip these districts once again? Well, let’s take a look at a few lowlights of the most notable of the “Dirty 30,” whose current representatives are a stain on American governance.
NM-02: Rep. Xochitl Torres-Small
- Holds a lifetime 8 percent on FreedomWorks Congressional Scorecard over the span of her first term in Congress thus far, with no signs of improvement
- Voted to expand Obamacare and eliminate healthcare freedom options for millions of Americans who rely on association health plans, health reimbursement accounts, short-term limited-duration health plans, and other alternatives to government health insurance that are cheaper in cost and higher in quality than Obamacare plans
- Original cosponsor of the United States Postal Service (USPS) Fairness Act, which sets taxpayers up for a $70 billion bailout of the USPS Retiree Health Benefits Fund that has been severely mismanaged by USPS government bureaucrats for decades
- Votes 94 percent of the time with Nancy Pelosi
VA-07: Rep. Abigail Spanberger
ME-02: Rep. Jared Golden
OK-05: Rep. Kendra Horn
SC-01: Rep. Joe Cunningham
- Opposes overturning Obamacare and claims such a move would “rip healthcare coverage...from millions of Americans,” when in actuality, Obamacare and its big government policies caused millions of Americans to lose their preferred insurance plans
- Introduced an amendment to an appropriations bill in 2019 that would prohibit a new round of Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC), which has been a vital tool in ensuring the modernization and effectiveness of our nation’s military to provide for our defense
- Voted for both sham articles to impeach President Trump, failing to recognize the unprecedentedly unfair proceedings brought against him and instead siding with the partisan Democrats for whom impeaching President Trump was a purely political goal
- Votes 87 percent of the time with Nancy Pelosi
Evidently, the American people in these districts and others across the nation deserve far better than partisan Democrats who will vote time and time again to increase the government’s control over their lives. This November, let’s vote these members out in favor of liberty candidates who will support economic freedom and individual liberty for the betterment of our whole nation.