As one of our over 5.7 million FreedomWorks activists nationwide, I urge you to contact your representative and ask them to vote YES on the following amendments offered on H.R. 5485. These amendments are expected to be offered and debated today. The amendments being key voted YES will help rein in the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), regulations, and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
FreedomWorks supports a Key Vote of YES on the following amendments. The summaries below are from the House Rules Committee:
- Offered by Rep. Sean Duffy (R-Wis.) which “prohibits funds from being used to implement, administer, or enforce a new regulatory action of $100 million or more.”
- Offered by Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.) which “prohibits the use of funds to pay a performance bonus to any senior IRS employee.”
- Offered by Rep. Ken Buck (R-Colo.) which “reduces the salary of the IRS Commissioner to $0 annually from date of enactment through January 20, 2017.”
- Offered by Rep. Richard Hudson (R-N.C.) which “prohibits funding to propose or finalize regulatory action until January 21, 2017.”
- Offered by Rep. Vicky Hartzler (R-Mo.) which “prohibits the CFPB from implementing any contract with a vendor to provide informational messages.”
Please contact your representative and ask them to vote YES on these important amendments to H.R. 5485. FreedomWorks will count the votes on these amendments as Key Votes when calculating our House Scorecard for 2016. The scorecard is used to determine eligibility for the FreedomFighter Award, which recognizes Members of the House and Senate who consistently vote to support economic freedom and individual liberty.
Adam Brandon, President and CEO, FreedomWorks